Do you want to work with creative, smart, compassionate, innovative people – people with a mission, working together to change health behaviors through technology? If you enjoy being challenged, solving problems and working for the common good, Inflexxion is the place for you.
At Inflexxion, our team of thought leaders is changing the industry’s approach to pain treatment and management through meticulous research and data. Our experts include clinical psychologists, epidemiologists, biostatisticians, research scientists, and technology professionals. They work together to develop unrivaled tools, clinical assessment data, and analyses that improve patient outcomes and drive informed decision-making for clients.
We are seeking a Research Assistant to join our team and support the Research and Analytics team (both qualitative and quantitative research projects) in performing a variety of tasks including administrative support (preparing consent forms and other Institutional Review Board materials, tracking and monitoring data collection, training off-site RAs, assisting with grant submission, etc.), as well as providing support to the epidemiologists and other scientists with their research projects (data entry, data coding, literature searches and summarizing research findings, interviewing research participants, etc.). This position supports commercial-client projects and other Federal grant and FDA-funded studies overseen by Research and Analytics as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Code data and tabulate results for analysis
- Conduct qualitative coding for data analysis (e.g., qualitative coding of Internet content)
- Assist in quality assurance/quality control checks on data in preparation for analysis
- Create tables/charts/graphs for reports, publications, presentations
- Conduct descriptive analyses of data (run frequencies, calculate proportions, etc.)
- Assist with surveys (questionnaire development, programming, data collection/analysis)
- With supervision, draft descriptive summaries of results sections for surveillance reports, provide support for formatting and preparing client reports.
- Assist with preparing coding syntax for data analysis using Excel, SPSS or SAS under the guidance of epidemiologists and research scientists
- Manage consent forms (primary data collection including obtaining informed consent from research subjects)
- Assist with grant and proposal submissions, preparing Institutional Review Board applications
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, psychology, social sciences or related field with excellent academic record
- 1-2 years of demonstrated professional experience in quantitative or qualitative research
- Interest in behavioral/public health issues
- Demonstrated experience in quantitative or qualitative scientific research as well as data collection
- Team player with ability to work effectively on multidisciplinary teams and willingness to work in a matrix cross-functional environment
- Intellectually curious, fast learner, can work independently and willing to seek and receive guidance as needed from team members, other scientists and direct manager
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Proficient writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience writing syntax/programming in SPSS and/or SAS for basic data management and descriptive analyses a plus
- Proficient with MS Office Suite applications
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No third party inquiries will be accepted.