Inflexxion employs approximately 60 people in diverse areas of expertise including psychological and social research, data management, project management, web development and design, and sales.
We hire creative, smart, compassionate, innovative people who work closely with others to improve health behaviors through technology. Our staff is detailed, organized, and understands the project cycle. We offer competitive salaries and a full range of benefits.
Below you will find our current job openings. For more information or to apply, please email your question, or cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
The individual in this position is responsible for establishing and ensuring that best practices in data management and programming are instituted for the Health Analytics Department, and for implementing adequate processes to meet regulatory requirements. This individual is also responsible for preparation of datasets including quality control and related documentation, and for writing SAS, SPSS or other programming code to create datasets to support analysis for the Health Analytic Department including NAVIPPRO surveillance reports, Internet surveys, NIH/NIDA funded field trials, and other requests. In addition, this individual will serve as a liaison for Health Analytics with other departments within Inflexxion regarding overall data quality and data automation processes.
• Expert level programming skills using SAS or SPSS to meet the challenges of advanced data manipulation, complicated programming logic, and large data volume is required
• Proven capability of developing sophisticated SAS or SPSS or other macro applications
• Demonstrated independent capability to write SAS, SPSS or other code, manipulate data sets to convert and merge data files, and to perform quality checks of datasets and output
• Ability to anticipate and analyze reasons for delays, must take the initiative to make changes that will improve processes, procedures or will increase efficiency
• Experience in creating audit trails and documentation
• Familiarity with applicable regulations and 21CFR Part 11 compliance requirements
• Proficient writing and verbal communication skills in English
• Proficient with SAS and MS Office Suite applications
• Experience with SPSS and SQL desired
• Prior experience working on multidisciplinary teams in a CRO or bio-pharmaceutical is a plus
• Responsible for maintenance and management of all datasets in the Health Analytics Department, including external data streams
• Conducts data management activities including preparation of queries to clean and close datasets for client reports, surveys, or industry or grant-funded projects
• Writes software code (e.g., SAS, SPSS, etc.) to create datasets, manipulate and transform data according to analysis plans/specifications provided by biostatisticians and epidemiologists for surveillance reporting, surveys, grant projects, and other assignments
• Conducts data quality verification checks on datasets prior to analysis
• Prepares related documentation including coding manuals and quality control records
• Creates standards and best practices for data management and programming to meet the needs of the Health Analytics Department and comply with regulatory requirements
• Defines and anticipates processes for databases/datasets creation and maintenance to maximize multipurpose uses
• Assists in development, documentation and implementation of standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure integrity of department data management and associated datasets
• Analyzes current and projected future database performance requirements; fine-tunes or recommends equipment/software changes when necessary
• Participates as active team member on company committees specifically addressing data integrity and database quality improvements
• Collaborates with the Business Analyst and other team members to write specifications for data variable definitions, content of analysis datasets and data acquisition from all proprietary data streams and to assist in problem solving data discrepancies within downloaded datasets
• Interacts with technical support team and vendors to schedule upgrades, modifications, and required maintenance to software and to prevent system failures
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a data management and SAS, SPSS or other programming role involving preparation of datasets and analysis coding for data outputs used for regulatory submissions
• Bachelor degree required Master degree preferred, in computer science, social science or related field
• Additional training in SAS/SPSS or certification in SAS/SPSS Base and Advanced Programming, SAS Macro, SQL development desired
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgJob List
Research scientists are involved with various types of research, including:
• Designing and evaluating technology-driven intervention programs and patient resources that promote positive health behaviors, such as treatment adherence, healthy chronic disease self-management, and more effective interactions between patients and health care providers
• Designing and conducting outcome and psychometric instrument development studies,
• Developing, validating and assessing novel surveillance and bioinformatics tools, including those that use social media, electronic momentary assessment (EMA), or other emerging technologies
• Designing observational studies to conduct evaluations, uncover risk and protective factors, and/or assess putative associations in the disease areas or populations of main focus at Inflexxion
• Demonstrated track record of scientific research and publication in peer-reviewed journals in areas related to clinical or health psychology, public health, or public health informatics
• Experience should also include the design and implementation of health promotion or patient education interventions, evaluation design and execution, and/or public health informatics method or tool validation
• Excellent written and oral communication skills,
• The ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment,
• A thorough understanding of research methodology,
• The ability to manage multiple projects, including budgets, contracts, and timelines,
• Experience in interactive media research desirable
• Leading multidisciplinary research teams,
• Utilizing scientific and technical skills in conceptualizing, designing, obtaining support for, conducting, and managing grants from NIH, or other government, foundation, or industry sources.
• Implementing dissemination activities through the publication of research papers, progress and technical reports, and presentation of posters and papers at scientific and professional meetings,
• Designing, gathering, analyzing, preparing, and presenting data for use by sales and marketing personnel at Inflexxion,
• Conducting (basic or advanced, as applicable) statistical analyses and collaborating with Inflexxion biostatisticians and epidemiologists,
• As applicable, developing content for intervention programs with research teams or designing bioinformatics tools with Inflexxion’s technical team
• Participating in Clinical Research group meetings
• Directing the work of personnel on research projects, such and Project Mangers and Research Coordinators
• The ideal candidate will possess a doctoral degree in a quantitative, biostatistical, or behavioral science (e.g., psychology, epidemiology, psychometrics, medical sociology, or related clinical or public health field). Experience with analyses of behavioral health data (e.g., LCA) is a plus.
• Candidates must have a minimum of two years relevant post-graduate research experience (may include post-doctoral training). Clinical and/or research training with clinical populations (preferably addictions and pain patients) is a plus.
Email: email@example.comJob List
We are seeking an experienced Epidemiologist with an interest or background in drug abuse or disease surveillance to join our Health Analytics Department. This position will be responsible for carrying out a range of analytical epidemiologic investigations for client-based and other research projects including advanced descriptive and comprehensive analyses of surveillance data regarding substance use/abuse and other health outcomes. The Epidemiologist will work closely with the Senior Director of Observational Epidemiology and other Inflexxion senior researchers/epidemiologists to plan, design, and conduct analyses for epidemiologic investigations as well as assist in development of study protocols, statistical analysis plans and writing scientific reports. The ideal candidate should have a PhD or master degree with experience in epidemiology or public health and demonstrated skills with data analysis, survey methodology, interpretation and reporting of public health trends.
• Sound understanding of collection and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
• Understanding of application and conduct of statistical methods (e.g., univariate and multivariate regression, stratified analyses).
• Experience working with large databases and surveillance data.
• Database manipulation skills, with strong attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient with MS Office Suite applications, including MS Excel and MS Access.
• Knowledge and experience with ArcGIS and/or SQL is a plus.
• Work effectively with a multidisciplinary team.
• Conduct epidemiologic analyses of surveillance data regarding substance use/abuse and other health outcomes data from Inflexxion’s proprietary and national databases.
• Analyze data from multiple sources with the goal of identifying patterns and trends within defined populations.
• Write proposals/grant applications, determine methodological techniques, hypothesis generation, and develop study protocols and statistical analysis plans.
• Develop, conduct, and analyze data from health-related surveys of various populations.
• Work with scientific team to address client report development needs.
• Prepare abstracts, slides and posters for presentations of project results.
• Serve as independent project lead: coordinating tasks and work plans for assigned HA projects and client deliverables.
• Participate in client-facing project meetings and interface with account managers and project team in order to coordinate deliverables.
• May provide technical leadership, guidance and coordinate work of entry-level epidemiologists and research assistants.
• PhD or Master (MS/MPH) degree with 5 or more years of experience in applied epidemiology, public health or related discipline or other experience conducting public health research.
• Ability to apply epidemiological principles and methods to the analysis of health surveillance data, as well as evaluate and interpret epidemiological and statistical data.
• Ability to interpret the significance of health and other data obtained from a variety of sources and draw appropriate conclusions.
• Ability to identify the need for further investigation or other public health action from assessment of current data.
• Have a sound understanding of research methodology including survey development.
• Proficient in SAS and/or SPSS coding and the analysis of data utilizing statistical software.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgJob List
The User Experience Architect works closely with the Principal User Experience Architect to establish the organizational structure of large product initiatives. S/he analyzes the cognitive, behavioral and emotional processes of users to create and document associated product taxonomies. S/he collaboratively conducts user research and usability testing and reports on results throughout the Software Development Lifecycle. S/he works with the User Experience Design team to perform tasks in line with UCD principles and practice.
• Strong active listening/communication skills
• Good sense of humor
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Familiar with user-centric methodologies
• Portfolio/project samples required
• Distill and organize large amounts of complex information into simple, useful, and usable application designs
• Assist in the creation and refinement of user experience deliverables, such as task analyses, usage scenarios, site maps, flow diagrams, card sort plans, heuristic analysis, wireframes, personas, storyboards site audits, and information architecture diagrams.
• Has experience producing annotated wireframes using Axure (or other compatible wireframing software)
• Present user experience strategy and specifications at internal reviews and stakeholder meetings. Present decisions and alternate solutions based on user research, historical site analytics, and user-centered design best practices
• Collect, synthesize and report detailed information about how users interact with Inflexxion products through various techniques including interviews, surveys, contextual inquiry, task analysis, focus groups and usability testing
• Assist in the design and execution of usability tests at various stages of product development from early prototypes all the way through formal testing.
• Communicate user experience design principles to cross-functional teams
• Contribute to interface designs by providing guidance, ideas, and feedback to visual designers and developers.
• Some experience creating personas and scenarios
• Experience with social networking, personalization, B2B commerce, designing for mobile and portal sites a plus.
• BS or MS in Interaction Design, Human Factors/Engineering, Human Computer Interaction (HCI) or related field
• 5+ years relevant User Experience Design or Human Factors experience preferably in an interactive agency environment.
Email: email@example.comJob List