CHAT® (Comprehensive Health Assessment for Teens) is an interactive, web-enabled behavioral health assessment tool, with strength-based components, specially designed for use with 13- to 18-year-olds.
CHAT can be incorporated to guide treatment planning at the outset of treatment for substance abuse or upon entry into the juvenile justice system or youth treatment facility. Modeled on the format of the adult ASI-MV®
Connect, it has three important features lacking in previous adolescent assessment instruments:
- A developmental approach that emphasizes the varying needs of young people.
- Assessment of strengths as well as problem areas to provide a more comprehensive portrait for guiding treatment.
- Engaging multimedia to facilitate adolescents' self-administration.
This unique, cost-effective tool can track client progress, enable better client-treatment matching and facilitate quality assurance activities of providers and care-management organizations.
- Funded with support from the National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Features engaging audio, video and design
- Produces customizable reports for improved treatment planning